Sunday, June 6, 2010

My birthday boy...

is SIX today! This is big big stuff, people. I awoke EARLY this morning to a finger lightly tapping my cheek: "It's morning mommy...the sky is blue and the sun is out. And I'm SIIIIXX!!"

To honor and commemorate this milestone in my son's life, we both sat down and I interviewed him earlier this afternoon. This is what he shared with me:


Me: What do you like most about yourself, Noah?

Noah: I like my healing powers. When I hurt my eye it got better so fast! That is amazing.

Me: What would you like to be when you grow up?

Noah: I would really like to be an author.

Me: Oh? What kinds of things will you write?

Noah: a bunch of kids stories; the kind that grownups read to kids.

Me: What is your favorite thing to do?

Noah: I like video games and dressing up.

Me: What is your favorite color?

Noah: I love all the colors but mostly green.

Me: favorite food?

Noah: Chinese! I think I might be Chinese.

Me: favorite movie?

Noah: The Princess and the Frog! I love the music in that movie.

Me: What did you like most about kindergarten?

Noah: Lunch.

Me: What did you like the least about Kindergarten?

Noah: Messing up on my dot-to-dots.

Me: What is the hardest thing you've ever done?

Noah: Mario Cart is really hard...and also being brave around wasps and bees.

Me: What would you do with $100?

Noah: I would keep it in my piggy bank.

Me: If you could have one wish, what would it be?

Noah: ...to stay with my family forever.

Me: What is the nicest thing someone has ever done for you?

Noah: Mrs. Guenther (best kindergarten teacher EVER) helped comfort me when I hurt my head at recess.

Me: If you could ask God one question, what would it be?

Noah: How do you exist if noone made you?


There you have it...a small peek into the heart of my Noah. I am quite convinced he is a little old man in a child's body sometimes.

Stay tuned for pictures from the grand birthday party and his "Nightmare Before Christmas" themed cake!

Please view the slide show below...celebrating my new six year old. Happy birthday sweet boy. You are loved.


1 comment:

meg manion silliker said...

wow! how did i miss this. happy belated birthday noah. amazing answers to his interview questions. love the last answer - so insightful. xo (stop making me cry with the slideshow - heavenly!)